the mix and match project was conceived by myself and chris schooley as a way of friends working collaboratively to educate ourselves and others about music. it started very simply: an exchange of mix cd's and coffee. then we talked more about it and decided to include more people, in an effort to make the result (hopefully) at least somewhat entertaining.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Mix and Match Volume 2 - submissions from Mr. Bozo T.

First off, the last time I remember hearing Eye in the Sky was 1989. Im a little disapointed no one posted it hear to jog my memory, but perhaps its a blessing.

Hammel On Trial - I'm Gonna Watch You Sleep
First off, a love song from the one man folk show Hammel on Trial.

Buck Owens and the Buckaroos - Mirror, Mirror On The Wall
Second, we have some self reflecting by Buck Owens and the Buckaroos. (damn the pedal steel just swings!)

Gillian Welch - Wrecking Ball (with David Rawlings)
Third a tale from Gillian Welch and David Rawlings, who were watching. I might be a little concerned if I hadnt been watching too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Prof. Schooliosis, the Crooked MixMaster said...

I thought perhaps we would've gotten "Eyes of the World" from Europe '72. Buck Owens, sweet.

2:56 PM

 
Blogger Bozo Texino said...

Funny, I considered it. An when I looked I found that I had 43 different versions and just could pick which one. Would it be the one with Branford Marsalis, the one with the long jazzy bass jam? Then I realized they were all pretty much over 15 minutes long...

Buck rocks.

3:01 PM

 
Blogger Bozo Texino said...

oh yeah and for what its worth the first Eyes of the World was 02.09.73 (Jens third bday). So it couldnt have been on Europe 72.

6:06 PM

 
Blogger Prof. Schooliosis, the Crooked MixMaster said...

My bad. I totally thought there was one on Euro '72, that's the one with the dude with the rainbow ice cream cone on the cover right? I am far from a proper scholar in that field. That is my all time fav. Dead tune though, that's sweet that they played it first on Jen's 3rd B-day. What up to the Mt. Shasta crew.

12:15 PM

 
Blogger mailea said...

I'm going to try the Buck Owens song! I loved him back in the 70's.

10:41 PM

 
Blogger Captain Shitknife said...

this may be one of my all time favorite gillian welch songs. that or the one about elvis.

12:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Performancing